The lack of nutrition education among all medical disciplines has been reported as the primary barrier to providing nutritional care to children with cancer. In Asia and Africa, up to 80% of institutions have reported that nutrition education of staff is a significant barrier to the delivery of nutritional care. In collaboration with our global team and the International Society for Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) - Pediatric Oncology Developing Countries (PODC) - Nutrition Working Group, we have established regional nutrition workshops around the globe to close this educational gap.
To date, over 3,000 clinicians have been trained in clinical nutrition and research methodology /considerations.These workshops have been effective at:
- Documenting the global standard of nutritional care.
- Providing education on optimal standards of practice for nutritional interventions, even in a resource-limited setting.
- Providing a forum for collaboration and mentorship.
- Providing local training opportunities.
- Creating an alliance of stakeholders dedicated to advancing nutrition in pediatric oncology.
For more information, please contact Suvu Aryal at email@example.com.