Jump to content
Invited Reviews and Editorials
- A systematic review of physical activity and dietary behaviors in survivors of childhood cancer. Journal of Cancer Survivorship. Arbit N, Ladas, EJ. ADD publication/date
- Invited Review: Nutritional Counseling in Survivors of Childhood Cancer: An Essential Component of Survivorship Care. Ladas, EJ. Children. Epub: August 14, 2014.
- Integrating Dietary Supplements into Cancer Care. Integrative Cancer Therapies. Frenkel, M., Abrams, DI, Ladas, EJ, Deng, G, Hardy, M, Capodice, JL, Winegardner, MF, Gubili, JK, Yeung, KS, Kussman, H, Block, KI. Epub: Feb 27 2013.
- Invited Editorial: Nutrition Therapy: Support for Integration into Cancer Care. Ladas, EJ. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. Jun;60(6):895-6. 2013.
- Children’s Oncology Group’s 2013 Blueprint for Research: Cancer Control and Supportive Care. Sung L, Zaoutis T, Ullrich NJ, Johnston D, Dupuis L, Ladas, E. Pediatric Blood Cancer. Jun;60(6):1027-30. 2013.
- Invited Commentary: The Impact of Nutritional Status on Outcomes: A Neglected Area of Research. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. Rogers, P, Ladas, EJ. Dec 1;57(6):902-3. 2011.
- Invited Commentary: Nutritional support in children and young people with cancer undergoing chemotherapy. Ladas, EJ, Paul R. Evid.-Based Child Health: A Cochrane Review Journal. 6 (4): 1314-1315. July 5, 2011.
- The Antioxidant debate. Ladas, E, Kelly, KM. Explore. 6(2):75-85. 2010.
- Invited Editorial: Future Directions in Evaluating Cancer-associated Cachexia. Ladas, EJ. Journal of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. 31 Jan; (1):1-2. 2009.
- Should supplemental antioxidant administration be avoided during chemotherapy and radiation therapy? Journal of National Cancer Institute. Lawenda, B, Kelly, KM, Ladas, EJ, Sagar, SM, Vickers, A, Blumberg, JB. 100(11):773-83. 2008.
- Massage therapy as a supportive care intervention for the child with cancer. Hughes D, Ladas EJ, Rooney DR, Kelly KM. Oncology Nursing Forum. 35(3):431-42. 2008.
- Children’s oncology group (COG) nutrition committee.
- Rogers PC, Melnick SJ, Ladas EJ, Halton J, Baillargeon J, Sacks N. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. 50: 447-450. 2008.
- Advances in the use of milk thistle (Silybum marianum). Post-White, J. Ladas, EJ, Kelly, KM. Integrative Cancer Therapies. 6(2): 104-109. 2007.
- Clinical applications of Silybum marianum in oncology. Greenlee, H., Abscal, K., Yarnell, E., Ladas, EJ. Integrative Cancer Therapies. 6(2): 158-165. 2007.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM): Evidence for Symptom Management in the Child with Cancer. Ladas, EJ, Post-White, J, Taromina, K, Hawkes, R. Journal of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. 06 Sep; 28(9):601-15. 2006.
- A multidisciplinary review of nutrition considerations in the pediatric oncology population: A perspective from Children’s Oncology Group. Ladas, EJ, Sacks, N, Meacham, L., Henry, D, Enriquez, L, Lowry, G, Hawkes, R, Dadd, G, Rogers, R. Nutrition Clinical Practice. 20: 377 – 393. 2005.
- Is supplementation with the antioxidants (Vitamins C, E, -carotene, and selenium) safe during and after cancer therapy? Ladas, EJ. Oncology Nutrition Connection. 13(3): 1-7. 2005.
- Antioxidants and Chemotherapy: A review of the literature. Ladas, EJ, Jacobson, J., Kennedy, DD, Teel, K, Kelly, KM. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 22(3): 517-528. 2003.
- Milk thistle—Is there a role for its use as an adjunct therapy in patients with cancer? Ladas, EJ, Kelly, KM. Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Jun;9(3):411-6. 2003.
- The Neutropenic Diet; An examination of the evidence. Ladas, EJ. ON-LINE. Spring 2002.
- Helping children learn from what we learn: An International, prospective and longitudinal study of medulloblastoma survivors by Shawna L. Palmer, et al. Journal of Clinical Oncology Sands S, 2013.
- Depression as a Predictor of Outcome in Brain Tumor Patients. Editorial in Neurosurgery 2005; 56:1234-1242, 2. Sands S and Bruce J.
- Editorial response to our article in the Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics 2005; 4(103):297-298, Sands S and Wisoff J.
- Does GH treatment have an impact on neuropsychological functioning in children? International Growth Monitor 2005; 15(40) 12-15, 4. Sands S and Abbey J.
- Central Nervous System Germ Cell Tumors: The Impact of Treatment on Patient Outcome. Sands S. American Journal of Cancer 2004; 3 (1):41-46.
- Intelligence and psychosocial functioning during long-term GH therapy in children born small for gestational age. Sands S. Editorial in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 2004; 89(11):5292-4.
- Late complications following bone marrow transplantation in children and adolescents. Boulad F, Sands S and Sklar C Current Problems in Pediatrics 1998; 28 (9) 273-304.