Our nationally recognized Survivor Wellness program provides a comprehensive medical and psychosocial assessment at the end of treatment, and offers ongoing support services for patients and family members throughout survivorship.
Our clinicians prepare a summary report that details all medical therapies received, and at what doses, noting any long-term side effects or potential complications. After this evaluation, we create a personalized follow-up program for each of our survivors. Our goal is to help our patients transition back to more routine activities and go on to live productive and rewarding lives.
We also provide support for their close relatives, believing that the stronger the family, the better the individual will manage all phases of recovery. Among the many services our Survivor Wellness program provides are:
- Annual physical exams
- Counseling on and coordination of surveillance studies to evaluate any long term complications
- Referrals to sub-specialists, as needed
- Counseling on fertility and reproduction, as needed, at diagnosis and after completion of treatment
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) approaches to build the body’s immune defenses, reduce pain and stress, and promote a general sense of well being
- Consultation on exercise, diet and nutrition to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- An assessment of cognitive function and educational needs, with arrangements for tutoring and scholarships
- Advice on employment resources and job training
Our Survivor Wellness Program provides counseling and integrative therapies for parents and siblings, and as patients move into adulthood, we support their spouses and children as well
For more information about our Survivor Wellness Program, or to make an appointment, please call (212) 305-9770.